At Caffeine, we want to change how people consume live television - making it more friendly, connected, and fun. To do this, we’re building a new social broadcasting platform that features world-class content, easy-to-use broadcasting tools, a social and fun viewing experience, and an engaged broadcaster community.
This is an exciting and enormous challenge, and we will only be successful if we build a supportive and collaborative team. Our teams prioritize delighting our community of viewers and broadcasters, working with intention, taking ownership of our commitments, and acting with resilience and determination—all with the intention to ship greatness, always.
As a Tech Lead - Android at Caffeine, you will be leading development on the Android Caffeine mobile app. You will lead Android development of new features integrating with the backend services and data analytics that improve our product. You and your team will own and maintain each app and feature you build, from coding & testing to deployment & crash analysis.
What you'll do:
- Design, build and maintain mobile apps, components, and libraries.
- Champion best development practices; Write unit, functional, and integration tests for the apps and features you develop, as well as find and adopt new ones to further increase maintainability and velocity.
- Optimize app performance and stability.
- Implement feature experiments and usage tracking for product iterations.
- Work cross-functionality with our Marketing, Product, and Design colleagues to build the best experience.
Who you are & What you've done:
- 5+ years of engineering experience with native Android development with Kotlin.
- Experience converting designs and functional requirements to technical design documents and implementation plans.
- Experience with CI/CD and writing multiple different test plans.
- Ability to learn and understand new technologies and languages quickly. The Android app is 100% Kotlin, but occasionally we write Ruby, Swift, TypeScript, or use whatever tool is required to get the job done right.
- Experience publishing apps in the App Store or the Play Store.
- Experience with the Android tool ecosystem for development, testing, debugging, and performance benchmarking.
- Must have experience:
- Kotlin, coroutines
- Constraint layout, RecyclerView
- AndroidX view model, fragments, live data
- JUnit, Mockito or MockK
- Structured concurrency
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Caffeine. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.